[Spice-devel] Unable to share files from windows guest to the host

guide at boum.org guide at boum.org
Sun Apr 23 09:51:51 UTC 2017

Hi,

> You should enable the shard folder through the client's menu & make
> sure the spice-webdav service is running in the guest, than you
> should be able to mount it by running the "C:\Program Files\SPICE
> webdavd\map-drive" file.
> (will show up as V:\ or W:\)

We already tried that, but it is not working. What we did:

1. From a fresh Windows 8.1 install
2. Install spice-guest-tool-latest.exe from:
https://www.spice-space.org/download/windows/spice-guest-tools/spice-guest-tools-latest.exe
3. Install spice-webdav-x64-latest.msi from
https://www.spice-space.org/download/windows/spice-webdavd/spice-webdavd-x64-latest.msi
4. Shut down the virtual machine
5. In virt-manager:
	a. Add Hardware --> Channel
	b. As name select org.spice-space.webdav.0
	c. As device type select Spice port
	d. Aplly changes
6. Power on the machine
7. Verify that spice-webdav service is running
7. From the Command line, we run: C:\Program File\SPICE
webdavd\map-drive.bat

The command return some text, including:

"System error 67 has occured

The network name cannot be found"

No new drives are visible in Windows.

Here, a scrennshot of the command result:
https://share.riseup.net/#_29XhF0uBPp4LLu251UlLQ

We are running under:

Debian stretch RC3, Linux kernel 4.9.0.2-amd64
virt-manager version 1.4.0, package version 1:1.4.0-5
qemu-kvm:1:2.8+dfsg-3
libvirt-glib: 1.0.0-1
libvirt: 3.0.0-4

Thanks for your patience