[Spice-devel] Unable to share files from windows guest to the host

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Mon Apr 24 05:38:43 UTC 2017

On Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 02:44:11PM +0200, guide at boum.org wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > From: Uri Lublin <uril at redhat.com>
> > Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 13:08:26 +0200
> >
> > The documentation states that "By default folder sharing is disabled"
> > (As Snir mentioned above, one needs to enable it on the client)
>
> It was unclear to us that "enable it on the client" was a different step
> than "configuration using virt-manager", documented under the same
> header in the documentation.
>
> > 6.5 run remote-viewer spice://host:port and enable folder sharing,
> >     and choose a directory to share, via File->Preferences menu.
>
> That works now!
>
> One last question: can this feature be accessed directly from
> virt-manager integrated viewer, or should we document using
> virt-viewer?

The client must implement this feature and virt-managers's viewer does
not, it seems.

So, just virt-viewer for now.

BTW, with the new spice-webdavd you don't need to run the .bat file
anymore ;) - after enabling the shared-folder in your virt-viewer it
should automagically appear as Z: (or other available letter) to you.

> Thanks again for your patience.

Thanks for your interest in spice!

Cheers,