[Spice-devel] [nsis v3 2/2] build: Don't add .pdb debug files to the installer

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Sun Dec 31 07:37:20 UTC 2017

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 8:55 AM, Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 3:36 AM, Vadim Rozenfeld <vrozenfe at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On 29/12/17 03:31, Yan Vugenfirer wrote:
> >

> > On 28 Dec 2017, at 16:44, Amnon Ilan <ailan at redhat.com> wrote:

BTW, to get some numbers, I pushed it to our gerrit to have it built
by CI. With this patch [1]:

RPM size is 34MB, ISO is 66MB.

Previous run of CI [2]:

RPM is 103MB, ISO is 365MB.

So it's a rather significant saving, but personally I am not sure
the risk (not having it when needed) is worth it.

[1]
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-wgt_master_check-patch-el7-x86_64/34/artifact/exported-artifacts/
[2]
http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-wgt_master_check-patch-el7-x86_64/33/artifact/exported-artifacts/