[Spice-devel] [spice-server v3 6/8] Use spice_debug rather than spice_info in library code

Pavel Grunt pgrunt at redhat.com
Wed Feb 8 13:38:04 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-02-08 at 11:42 +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 10:57:42AM +0100, Pavel Grunt wrote:
> > On Mon, 2017-02-06 at 18:15 +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > > Using spice_info() gets in the way of tests
> >
> > I would say that is the problem of the test, it is possible to
> > check
> > the INFO level as well. imo spice_info messages are useful
>
> The test could ignore all info messages indeed. However (on f25), I
> don't see a lot of difference between DEBUG and INFO levels, neither
> are
> shown unless G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all is specified. Are you saying
> having
> the distinction between spice_info and spice_debug in this debug log
> is
> useful? To me, usage of one or the other seemed fairly random.

You are right it doesn't work. imo the info messages should be always
printed - but apparently we are using spice_printerr for that :/

There is an inconsistency, for instance
spice_printerr("add main channel client");
spice_info("create display channel");

IMHO We should get rid of spice_printerr where is used for info
messages and make spice_info work properly

Pavel