[Spice-devel] [spice-server 00/10] Remove IncomingHandlerInterface/OutgoingHandlerInterface

Frediano Ziglio fziglio at redhat.com
Fri Feb 10 09:21:22 UTC 2017

> Hey,
>
> This patch series removes IncomingHandlerInterface and
> OutgoingHandlerInterface
> which added a layer of indirection between RedChannel/RedChannelClient which
> is no longer useful now that RedChannel/RedChannelClient are real classes.
>
> Christophe

I agree with most of the changes, not entirely with this rationale.
The indirection was useless even before the classes.
The indirection was meant to allows abstraction but this abstraction
was never used and not well defined. For instance there is a prepare_msg
which basically set some iovec but having all message system using
marshaller which is coded into RedChannelClient make the prepare_msg
implementation fixed (similar the other callbacks).

Frediano