[Spice-devel] Multi-head Spice

Christophe de Dinechin dinechin at redhat.com
Mon Feb 27 16:53:13 UTC 2017

I tried to setup a multi-head guest, but I’m having trouble getting multiple displays to work correctly

For Jonathon, the part that I had trouble with was adding “heads = ‘4’" to the video / QXL configuration. I don’t see it documented in https://www.spice-space.org/spice-user-manual.html#_multiple_monitor_support.

For Christophe F, what I get with the configuration file http://pastebin.com/FEXbjaE3 <http://pastebin.com/FEXbjaE3> is shown in the following picture https://redskincat.wordpress.com/2017/02/27/learning-more-about-mesa/#jp-carousel-1224 <https://redskincat.wordpress.com/2017/02/27/learning-more-about-mesa/#jp-carousel-1224>. As far as I remember, this is pretty much a default configuration of Fedora 25 after install from the live CD. If I understand correctly, the difference with you is that I actually installed.

Does anybody else see this? If not, what could be wrong with my setup?