[Spice-devel] Multi-head Spice

Snir Sheriber ssheribe at redhat.com
Tue Feb 28 09:01:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 02/28/2017 09:58 AM, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 04:18:12PM -0600, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
>> On Mon, 2017-02-27 at 17:53 +0100, Christophe de Dinechin wrote:
>>> I tried to setup a multi-head guest, but I’m having trouble getting
>>> multiple displays to work correctly
>>>
>>> For Jonathon, the part that I had trouble with was adding “heads =
>>> ‘4’" to the video / QXL configuration. I don’t see it documented in
>>> https://www.spice-space.org/spice-user-
>>> manual.html#_multiple_monitor_support.
>> Yep, it's a fairly new feature. I'm working on additional multi-monitor
>> documentation and will be sure to include that.
> Yep, we totally missed it when 'heads' support was added :( virt-manager
> UI needs to be able to set this too..
>
>>> For Christophe F, what I get with the configuration file http://paste
>>> bin.com/FEXbjaE3 is shown in the following picture https://redskincat
>>> .wordpress.com/2017/02/27/learning-more-about-mesa/#jp-carousel-1224.
>>> As far as I remember, this is pretty much a default configuration of
>>> Fedora 25 after install from the live CD. If I understand correctly,
>>> the difference with you is that I actually installed.
>>>
>>> Does anybody else see this? If not, what could be wrong with my
>>> setup?
>>>
>> I don't see anything obviously wrong with the configuration. If you
>> close the spice client and immediately re-connect does it still show
>> the same thing in both windows?
>>
>> Can you capture the debug output of running virt-viewer with the --
>> debug and --spice-debug options while you enable the second monitor?
>> That might give a clue about what's happening.
> Also, what window manager are you using on the client? The window
> decorations don't look like default GNOME setup? The linux client is
> running on bare-metal, not in an osx VM?
>
> Christophe

I'm having similar issue here (fed 25 guest), and even worse :/, when
i set up the 2 displays as primary and secondary it starts by showing both
displays as secondary (2) but when i move the mouse towards the
menu both are becoming primary (1) , and it keeps jumping between 1<->2

I tried both x11 and wayland on the fedora 25 guest - same issue, but works
well with fedora 24 guest

http://pastebin.test.redhat.com/459770

Snir.