[Spice-devel] [spice-common] Some steps toward quic_tmpl.c and quic_rgb_tmpl.c 'unification'

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Mon Jul 24 09:10:30 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 04:24:14AM -0400, Frediano Ziglio wrote:

> Isn't the s/decorrelate_drow/correlate_row patch part of 2).

Ah that one too yeah, missed it when quickly glancing through it.

> I remember you mentioned also the fact that Windows driver contains
> Quic code. I checked and is really similar. Should we try to reuse
> spice-common code directly?

In an ideal world where we have infinite time, definitely. In our
imperfect world, not sure it's worth it (the windows driver probably
does not make use of spice-common, don't even know if their licenses
are compatible, the quic code is imo legacy, ...). I definitely would
not make this a priority.