[Spice-devel] Announcing spice 0.13.90 release

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu Jul 27 08:11:27 UTC 2017

Hey everyone,

At long last, a new spice-server unstable release. This one however aims
at being a release candidate, with the first 0.14 stable releases coming
in a month or so. Any testing you can do is welcome, and if you find any
bugs/regressions compared to 0.12, please report them in our bugzilla:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org

Major Changes in 0.13.90:
=========================

* Close TCP connection early when client did not send the correct SPICE magic
  bytes: this allows VNC clients to gracefully fail when connecting to a SPICE
  port
* Fixes for CVE-2016-9577, CVE-2016-9578 and CVE-2017-7506
* Fix client being disconnected after migration (bug introduced in 0.13.3)
* Add a --enable-statistics configure option
* GLIB 2.28 is now a required build time dependency (used to be 2.22)
* Add VP9 encoding support when GStreamer is being used and misc
  streaming/encoding improvements
* more code refactoring/reorganization work

https://www.spice-space.org/download/releases/spice-0.13.90.tar.bz2
https://www.spice-space.org/download/releases/spice-0.13.90.tar.bz2.sign

These releases are signed with my GPG key:

 94A9 F756 61F7 7A61 6864  9B23 A9D8 C214 29AC 6C82