[Spice-devel] RFC: Lightweight tracing mechanism

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Fri Jun 9 10:56:06 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 11:25:15AM +0200, Christophe de Dinechin wrote:
> Some interesting stuff in there. Victor, do you have a repository /
> branch where I could fetch that (even if it’s stale)?

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~victortoso/spice-common/log/?h=logs

It was far from what I intended to have but I stopped it as WIP due the
introduction of structured logging mechanism in glib (2.50+) which it
should be *easier* to implement in spice-common and less work to
introduce each domain (widgets, audio, video, channel, etc)

If you haven't check that yet (I just started reading this thread) you
can have a quick introduction to it at the link below
https://blog.gtk.org/2017/05/04/logging-and-more/

Cheers,

PS: I would love doing more/better logs/debug while not showing all of
it all the time! :)