[Spice-devel] can't drag windows after virt-viewer upgrade

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Fri Jun 23 13:05:12 UTC 2017

On 23/06/17 14:11, Pavel Grunt wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-06-23 at 13:46 +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:

>>> In the guest? What do you mean by 'drag and drop the windows' ?
>>>

>> I point at the title bar of a window in the guest, I press the
>> mouse button and try to move the window around in the guest desktop.
>>
>> I try double clicking a window title bar and the window maximizes
>> successfully.
>>
>> Other controls for resizing a window (dragging the border) are not
>> successful.

>>> it is not. Wayland guest or client? (afaik X forwarding does not
>>> work
>>> in wayland)
>>>

>> The guest is Debian jessie with Xorg
>>
>> The client system is Debian stretch where the default is Xwayland
>> now.
>> I just modified /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf to uncomment this line:
>>
>> WaylandEnable=false
>>
>> and it restarted with Xorg instead of Xwayland but that didn't
>> resolve
>> the issue.
>>
>> The release notes mention a change from evdev to libinput too, could
>> that be relevant to the client?
>
> hmmm. Do you have spice-vdagent running in the guest? spicy has an

Yes

> option to change the mouse mode (Options -> Toggle mouse mode) - does
> it change anything?

I just tried that now

I clicked the Toggle mouse mode and the status bar changes to "mouse:
server, agent: yes"

Now I try to drag a window in the guest.  The mouse pointer becomes
invisible and the window doesn't move.  Even after releasing the mouse
button, the pointer isn't visible any more.  At the bottom of the
screen, it suggests pressing left-shift+F12 to release the mouse, when I
press those keys the pointer becomes visible again.

>> I also opened a Debian bug[2]
>
> Does the old version of spice-gtk and virt-viewer work fine?

I was using the old versions on the same machine yesterday and they
worked fine with the same guest.  The guest has been running for some
weeks without any restart and without any problems.

Regards,

Daniel