[Spice-devel] troubleshooting performance and latency issues?

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed May 3 09:02:54 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 01:19:03PM -0400, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> > This runs over a WAN connection so most ports, including SPICE, are
> > firewalled by default, I only tested it briefly with that port open.  Is
> > it considered safe to allow access to that port?
> >

> Absolutely not! Unless you configure SSL on top and disable not
> encrypted connections (not sure how).

Do you mean disable such connections on spice-server side? Just don't
specify a clear-text port, and you'll only be able to connect through
SSL (-spice tls-port=xxx on qemu command line, <graphics type='spice'
autoport='yes' defaultMode='secure'/> if you use libvirt according to
https://www.spice-space.org/docs/manual/#_tls