[Spice-devel] Windows 10: Smartcard is not redirected

Oscar Segarra oscar.segarra at gmail.com
Mon May 8 11:48:32 UTC 2017

Hi,

In my environment I have a Windows 10 guest and a Windows 10 client.

I have configured smartcard as it is suggested in documentation:

https://www.spice-space.org/spice-user-manual.html

<controller type='ccid' index='0'/><smartcard mode='passthrough'
type='spicevmc'>
  <address type='ccid' controller='0' slot='0'/></smartcard>

I can see on virt-manager the controller and the devices correctly added.
Even in guest Windows 10 appears the ccid smartcard reader device.

I launch my remote-viewer.exe with the following parameters:

remote-viewer.exe -f --spice-smartcard

But when I connect my smartcard in the client, it is not redirected to the
guest.

Is there any documentation about how to redirect my smartcard with
authentication/sign certificate?

Thanks a lot.