[Spice-devel] qxl and page flip

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Fri Oct 6 08:38:45 UTC 2017

  Hi,

> The other option is we revert atomic modesetting from upstream qxl
> until the hw
> is upgraded to it, and we use the atomic path only on the newer
> hardware.

Well, the non-atomic "page-flip support" is blitting one framebuffer
over the other.  I wouldn't call this a solution either.  It just
happens to work ok in most cases due to lazy rendering (i.e. spice-
server not updating local surfaces unless there is a need to do that).

> I'd really like to see some commitment to fixing qxl if we do decide
> to do that.

Ok, so how about the attached virtual hardware update?

cheers,
  Gerd