[Spice-devel] [NSIS] automation: add standard ci support

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Tue Oct 17 09:30:47 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 05:01:14PM +0300, Yedidyah Bar David wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 4:16 PM, Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 4:07 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> >> My understanding is that the short log really should be saying "oVirt CI
> >> support" rather than "standard CI support".
> >
> > Changed to 'standard oVirt CI support' and added a link.
> >
> > oVirt has also non-standard CI, which is currently used for a few
> > projects, including ovirt-wgt/spice-nsis, which we want to get rid of.
> > That's the motivation for current patch.
> >
> >> Has gitlab built-in CI been considered for this work?
> >
> > No.
> >
> >> In other words,
> >> why use oVirt for CI rather than something more "standard"?
> >
> > I don't mind at all looking at gitlab CI, assuming I can find enough
> > time...

Give it a quick try, and a .gitlab-ci.yml file with this content
successfully builds from git:

image: fedora:latest

before_script:
  - dnf install wget make dnf-plugins-core -y
  - dnf install http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release41.rpm -y
  - dnf copr enable @spice/nightly -y
  - dnf copr enable teuf/nsis -y
  - wget https://fedorapeople.org/groups/virt/virtio-win/virtio-win.repo -O /etc/yum.repos.d/virtio-win.repo
  - wget https://people.freedesktop.org/~teuf/ovirt-4.1.repo -O /etc/yum.repos.d/ovirt-4.1.repo
  - make ovirt-guest-tools-iso.spec
  - dnf builddep ovirt-guest-tools-iso.spec -y

makecheck:
  script:
  - make

This is not testing RPM generation though (in spice of the dnf builddep
;), but I guess this could be added. At the moment it only does whatever
make does by default. And the dependency installation needs some
polishing. But that gives a starting point..