[Spice-devel] [spice-server v2 2/3] channel: Remove red_channel_client_disconnect_if_pending_send()

Frediano Ziglio fziglio at redhat.com
Fri Sep 15 08:43:26 UTC 2017

> > On 14 Sep 2017, at 17:55, Frediano Ziglio <fziglio at redhat.com> wrote:
> >

> >> Wasn’t there a discussion about also renaming the function? I believe
> >> “pending_send” is a symptom, not the reason for disconnecting.
> >>
> >> Christophe
> >>

> > The discussion was on red_channel_wait_all_sent, we decide a comment
> > was enough. Said that we can have always updates.
>
> OK
>

> > Are you talking about red_channel_client_disconnect_if_pending_send ?
>
> Yes. What is the rationale behind disconnecting if “pending_send”?
>

> Christophe

Do you mean the function name or the reason? The function name didn't change
so there was no much discussion on it.
The reason why we disconnect is that in these code path we want to flush
data to clients to make sure some resources are freed.
Not that I 100% agree with disconnecting clients on these cases but this
is not a regression of this patch.

Frediano