[Spice-devel] spice-server 0.14 release plans

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Thu Sep 21 13:54:26 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 09:18:39AM -0400, Frediano Ziglio wrote:

> > > Why not using a branch?
> > > We can either branch for 0.14 and use master for normal developing or
> > > branch for 0.16, have regressions in master and then branch again
> > > for 0.14 and merge 0.16 into master.
> >
> > If we create a branch, and patches keep coming in for master, nobody is
> > going to pay attention to the branch. So no, no branch before 0.14.0
> >
> > Christophe
> >

> Then the second option make sense.

First and second options are the same with just different branch names
;)

> Why nobody won't pay attention ?

The goal is to try to focus more on testing for bugs and regressions.
With a development branch (0.16 or master depending on the option you
pick), it will be business as usual, patches for the development branch
will be sent, will need reviews, several iterations, ... with the result
that less time will be dedicated to 0.14.
I'm intentionally trying to keep the freeze short to avoid blocking
new work for too long...