[Spice-devel] [qxl-wddm-dod] Prevent installation on OSes earlier than Windows 8

Basil Salman basil at daynix.com
Thu Apr 12 15:21:54 UTC 2018

Hi,

We received a bug report: https://github.com/virtio-win/kvm-guest-drivers-windows/issues/244 (BZ - Bug 1542909),
regarding BSOD on Windows 7 when letting windows automatically choose the driver from virtio-win iso.
After debugging the issue, we found out that Windows was falsely installing wddm drivers for Windows 7 instaed of xddm drivers,
after discussing the issue, we decided to limit the installation of wddm drivers for Windows OSes starting from Windows 8 as a fix to this issue.

Thanks,
Basil Salman

Basil Salman (1):
  Prevent installation on OSes earlier than Windows 8

 qxldod/qxldod.inx | 4 ++--

2.7.0.windows.1