[Spice-devel] bad id bug in glz decoder

Frediano Ziglio fziglio at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 14:04:52 UTC 2018

> Hi all,

> Sorry to be a bother.

> After a long time running of glz encode&decode (approx. 4hrs), I came across
> this error.

> The higher bits (> 24) of the image id is truncated, which makes dist less
> than id . This error seems to happen when the dist across (1<<24)

Is normal that dist is less then id.
The id, as far as I know, is incremented from 0 and is a 64 bit, not
supposed to overflow, is truncated to get the slot and should not be a
problem. The same check "w->images[slot]->hdr.id == id - dist" is done in
wait_for_image which should return TRUE and so "image && image->hdr.id == wait->id"
should be true.

Could be that g_coroutine_condition_wait returned FALSE? I think that just calling
SPICE_DEBUG is a bug.

> Can you help me solve this problem?
> Many thanks.

> Best regards,