[Spice-devel] MR!3 patch

Jon Stumpf jon.stumpf at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 01:21:24 UTC 2018

Frediano,

Attached is the patch file as created by "git format-patch".  In reading
the documentation, git format-patch warns of the many problems using all
the email clients that I use.  And, frankly, I do not want to figure out
how to avoid these pitfalls.

This is becoming increasing difficult to submit such simple patches.  To
contribute,

   - I have had to subscribe to Gitlab (I am a Github user).
   - In using the WebIDE, it created a change set involving the whole file
   because it replaced the Windows EOL sequence with the UNIX EOL sequence.
   - I created Merge Requests but was directed to provide patches.
   - In providing patches, I was instructed to use "git format-patch"
   versus "git diff".

I understand that you have a development process (I have since read your
Developers page).  That understood, I don't intend to contribute beyond the
fixing of the bugs that I have discovered and attempted to rectify.  I am
Linux developer and do not have a Windows build environment.  (I had a
colleague test the compile on Windows 10.)

I have two small patches (MR!1 and MR!3) to address the issue I documented
in Issue #4.  If these patches do not work, I am asking that you choose one
of the following at this point:

   1. Use the Merge Requests already in your repo;
   2. Use the diff patches as a seed into your development process;

I would also like someone to answer the questions posed in Issue #4 and
also address the lack of documentation for the QXL parameters.

Thank you.

- jss

--
- jss