[Spice-devel] [spice-gtk] gtk-session: do not request guest's clipboard data unnecessarily

james harvey jamespharvey20 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 21:41:48 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 12:36 PM Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> With this patch applied, I cannot seem to be able to copy from client to
> guest when using wayland.
>
> Christophe

I admit I only have a vague understanding of what Wayland is.  I'm
using Xorg & Plasma on Arch Linux.  Some Wayland packages are
installed (kwayland, kwayland-integration, wayland, wayland-protocols,
xorg-server-xwayland) becuase they're dependencies for several things
like gtk3, mesa, and vulkan-radeon.  If I understand correctly, that's
just the protocol and library.  Weston isn't installed.  So, I'm not
100% positive if these few Wayland packages on my system are being
used in any way, or if they sit unused since I'm not using Weston.

Only having myself setup XOrg and Plasma, I've been using this patch
for 3-4 days without any copy/paste issues of any kind.

There was a work in progress patch I tried from
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/win32/vd_agent/issues/6 which
fixed the bug, but had the side effect you're having of not being able
to copy from client to guest.

But the next patch Victor submitted, the one in this email, kept the
bug fixed and took care of being able to copy from client to guest
again.  I double checked, and the patch in this email is definitely
the "next patch" I'm referring to, not the work in progress one.