[Spice-devel] Does SPICE have a solution on video redirection(or passthrough)?

陈炤 qishiyexu2 at 126.com
Tue Dec 25 10:20:03 UTC 2018

Hi,

Does SPICE have a solution to capture video stream, and pass-through it to the client?
I want this feature for these reasons:
1. Currently SPICE render video on server side, which would consume CPU of the server. If the video can be rendered on just client side, the server could save much CPU capability.
2. Video effect is notoriously bad. If rendered on client side, the hardware decode functionality could be enabled and the video effect would improve.
3. We could use high compression algorithm on video when we passthrough it, which will reduce network bandwidth usage.

I noticed that spice-streaming-agent is probably doing this, but it's for linux. Does a windows side agent exist?

BR
Don