[Spice-devel] Coding style and naming conventions for C++

Frediano Ziglio fziglio at redhat.com
Tue Feb 6 09:40:18 UTC 2018

> On Tue, 2018-01-30 at 11:50 +0100, Christophe de Dinechin wrote:
> >
> > Let’s first share our preference on existing styles to see if we agree on
> > anything…
> > As for me, I have a slight preference for the LLVM coding style, but I made
> > modifications in my own clang-format files.
>
> Ok, so since nobody really expressed an opinion here, I'm inclined to
> proceed with my original proposal. Frediano seemed to agree, is it so,
> Frediano?
>
> The LLVM coding style still is an alternative, but I still consider
> camel_case_function_names better for consistency with our C code.
>
> Lukas

I would like to see these style in a documentation.

I think the quickest way is to integrate these notes in spice-server
docs/spice_style.txt and put a simple txt document in spice-streaming-agent
to refer to this. This for various reasons:
- spice-server already "compile" this document in HTML;
- the document is used for https://www.spice-space.org/spice-project-coding-style-and-coding-conventions.html
  page so you'll have the web page for free;
- the style is mainly an extension of the server style, copying all the
  style to the new repository would be a big effort to maintain in sync
  (another option would be to put in the new repository only the additions/
  exception but this won't solve previous points)

Frediano