[Spice-devel] SUSE 91 / SUSE 93 supported xf86 Version

Christophe Fergeau cfergeau at redhat.com
Wed Feb 21 16:28:01 UTC 2018

Hey,

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 08:24:59AM +0100, RalfBuhrmann at bundeswehr.org wrote:
> Dear Spice-Developer,
>
> i'm a civilian Employer in the the German Navy and have a little Problem.
>
> We are using a Linux-Based Trainer Software using SUSE 9.1 and 9.3. With
> our new Hardware, we have vitualise and try to use QEMU and:

By SUSE 9.3, do you mean https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:SUSE_Linux_9.3
which was released 12 years ago? This is fairly old, I'm not sure how
easy it will be to compile the xorg driver there :(

> use ONE 4K Monitor to view three "Screens" in it (2 times 1200 x 1600,
> once 1024x768)
>
> use three Monitors to view the same Resolutions.

If by "three 'Screens'", you mean getting 3 windows each corresponding
to a "monitor" in your virtual machine, then this should be possible
with SPICE. Same for your 2nd question if this is about showing this
"screens" on 3 separate physical monitors.

> Can you give me a Idea, which Version xf86-video-qxl I should use for?
>
> I tryed the last version, but there are many Errors by calling
> ./configure.

Hmm, I would say any version of xf86-video-qxl should be ok, iirc it
does not have many "recent" dependencies. Maybe you are missing some
-devel packages when you try to compile?