[Spice-devel] [nsis v3 2/2] build: Don't add .pdb debug files to the installer

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Jan 1 08:33:51 UTC 2018

On Sun, Dec 31, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Vadim Rozenfeld <vrozenfe at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On 31/12/17 19:24, Yan Vugenfirer wrote:
>

> On 31 Dec 2017, at 08:55, Yedidyah Bar David <didi at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 3:36 AM, Vadim Rozenfeld <vrozenfe at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>

> On 29/12/17 03:31, Yan Vugenfirer wrote:
>

> On 28 Dec 2017, at 16:44, Amnon Ilan <ailan at redhat.com> wrote:

Very well.

Posted an alternative to current patch:

"Do not install .pdb debug files on the target system".

Pushed it to ovirt's gerrit:

https://gerrit.ovirt.org/85835

Verified the result on Windows 10.

Size of "C:\Program Files (x86)\ovirt guest tools" went down from
around 600MB to around 150MB.

Also the exe installer, ISO rpm are ~ 30 MB smaller.

--
Didi