[Spice-devel] RFC [spice-gtk] session: Allow to delay sending clipboard to the guest

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at redhat.com
Wed Jan 10 10:40:07 UTC 2018

Hi

----- Original Message -----
> This patch is solving guest <-> client issue, I doubt portals would address
> this
> so I think only spice-gtk can address it.

Portals could check the permissions for an application using the clipboard. Whether it's spice-gtk talking to a guest VM or an editor, it doesn't matter.

A portal may be overkill (since there would probably be no UI), and a simple static permission could be enough.

This basically would be the same thing as having a --spice-disable-clipboard option.