[Spice-devel] intel vgpu framebuffer encoding & spice

Frediano Ziglio fziglio at redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 08:59:27 UTC 2018

There's not currently a remote solution as far as I know.
The experimental patches sent on September 2016 were already using
correcly gst_dmabuf_* functions without texture read back, the problem
with GStreamer are stability and licensing.
Licensing as missing some package (due to license) for encoding
(like Intel encoding vaapi).
Stability as using GStreamer using libvirt causes some initialization
crash due to some internal library (orc) refusing to work with
a log an abort call.

We are pushing to get the required packages into the system.

Jonathon is working on separating GStreamer in another process
to make it work.

Uri and Snir are working on the H/W encoding/decoding part.

Frediano