[Spice-devel] spice-vdagent screen resolution auto-adjustment fail

Dmitriy Kormulev kormulev at itsirius.su
Sun Jan 28 14:50:27 UTC 2018

Hi,
Just wonder if there any possible changes to make in spice-vdagent(d) source code ( I am using spice-vdagent 0.14.0 ) to make client's screen auto-resizable. I tried but failed.
Would be extremely grateful for any clue.

The screen resolution is adjusted only once during  - for the first time WM starts, the resolution is not adjusted during the session ( does not follow changes in spice-client window size ).

Steps to reproduce:
1. connect to a freshly started guest
2. guest adjust resolution while on login screen
3. log in

Expected result:
resolution matches window size

I am using Mate 1.16 and Centos 7 on VM and Kubuntu 17.10 as a host.

Thank you in advance
With best regards
Dmitry