[Spice-devel] Spice just for a remote desktop to a virtual machine?

Christophe de Dinechin christophe.de.dinechin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 12:48:17 UTC 2018

> On 29 Jan 2018, at 12:01, Snir Sheriber <ssheribe at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> At the moment, that’s correct. But a question asked at DevConf reminded me
>>> that with the shift to Wayland, SPICE may have an opportunity to provide
>>> a better Wayland remote desktop experience. Any volunteer for that?
>>>
>>> By the way, if that happens, we might want to consider this a fourth possible
>>> location for the spice streaming agent and attached plugins, the first three
>>> being the current “in-guest”, the proposed “in spice server”, and Marc André’s
>>> suggestion to put that in host outside of QEMU process.
>> Also relevant to this discussion: work to use pipewire for remoting wayland:
>> https://www.ctrl.blog/entry/wayland-gnome-remote-desktop
>
> Cool!
>
> That reminds me there is also an experimental spice backend for Weston (Wayland compositor). iirc it worked nice but still needed some more love.
> (maybe it worth a link on spice-spice.org? ;) )
>
> https://github.com/ein-shved/compositor-spice

Yes. Also worth adding to the SPICE top-level project I started working on. Will do.

I’m a bit fuzzy, was there any decision regarding spice-space.org?
I’d like to be able to update things like the mac build instructions
or, when it’s in, instructions on how to use the flight recorder data
to tune performance.