[Spice-devel] spice-vdagent screen resolution auto-adjustment fail

Dmitriy Kormulev kormulev at itsirius.su
Wed Jan 31 17:17:49 UTC 2018

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your message and for the link.
Yeah, I am using qxl and actually i read a lot on spice and saw that note on the fact that spice agent might not working the way i want it to work... More over I noticed that the spice-vdagent program flow never walk into "void vdagent_x11_set_monitor_config( ... ) { ... }" function from "vdagent-x11-randr.c" and event responsible for changing screen resolution is emitted only on starting vm, i.e, screen resolution is really adjusted but only once ( function like "static int set_screen_to_best_size( ... ) { ... } from "vdagent-x11-randr.c" seems also not to be called ). So it made me wonder if it is possible to make any changes in the code to return the ability to adjust on any screen size changes. Seems it is possible ( because of the first resize on system initialization ) but i still struggle to figure out how to do this. So i thought that you might give me at least minor clue where to dig.

Thank you in advance and
Best regards,
Dmitry