[Spice-devel] [RFC spice-gtk v3 1/1] Gstreamer: Use GstVideoOverlay if possible

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Wed May 16 10:16:51 UTC 2018

Hi

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 12:09 PM, Christophe Fergeau
<cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 10:46:35AM +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
>> On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 10:43:20AM +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
>> > On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 10:23:01AM +0300, Snir Sheriber wrote:
>> > Yes, indeed, this is similar to what you were doing in earlier
>> > iterations.

>> > Using signals as some generic way of calling a getter on some unknown
>> > class is rather unusual, and feels like something you should not really
>> > be using signals for.
>>
>> Just realized, this change is most likely an ABI break:
>
> (I promise I'll stop replying to myself :d). Not sure we are supporting
> inheritance from SpiceDisplayChannel, nor that it makes sense, so maybe
> not a big problem.

You could in theory, but it's very unlikely someone did.

But I question the "streaming-mode" signal. Who cares about it?
Shouldn't it be a property instead (with the associated notify::)?

I would remove it unless there is a real use case.

> Christophe

Marc-André Lureau