[Spice-devel] [RFC spice-gtk v3 1/1] Gstreamer: Use GstVideoOverlay if possible

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Thu May 17 00:30:14 UTC 2018

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 3:54 PM, Frediano Ziglio <fziglio at redhat.com> wrote:

>> > Just realized, this change is most likely an ABI break:
>>
>> (I promise I'll stop replying to myself :d). Not sure we are supporting
>> inheritance from SpiceDisplayChannel, nor that it makes sense, so maybe
>> not a big problem.
>>
>> Christophe
>>

> Then class should be declare final is possible and details removed from
> public interface.
> Looking also at 941f4adf1322a5d2548af676059003df17613b47 seems to confirm
> that this class was never meant to be inherited.

That's a commit from 0.1 era ;)

We may have made some mistakes, but in theory, we bumped
major/minor/etc correctly enough whenever adding/modifying/removing
interface (breaking ABI).

During next break (some day), we may use the opportunity to make make
most channel classes final. This is not a priority though. In the
meantime, we don't need to add class signal handlers, and simply use
the private struct for data.

> Frediano

Marc-André Lureau