[Spice-devel] Test 'test-channel' failure on multiple platforms

A. Wilcox awilfox at adelielinux.org
Sat May 26 23:13:38 UTC 2018

Hello Spice devs,

I'm the project lead of Adélie Linux, a new Linux distro focused on
portability and security.  We're trying to build Spice, and while I did
note the warning in the configure script:

(configure: WARNING: spice-server on non-x86_64 architectures has not
been extensively tested)

We are hoping to package Spice on all six architectures that we support.

On both the 32-bit and 64-bit PowerPC architectures, we are seeing the
following failure (identical on both):

../../test-driver: line 107: 16896 Aborted                 "$@" >
$log_file 2>&1
FAIL: test-channel

server/tests/test-suite.log contains:

FAIL: test-channel
==================

/server/channel: main_channel_link: add main channel client
**
Spice:ERROR:test-channel.c:215:timer_wakeup: assertion failed (got_data
> 0): (0 > 0)
FAIL test-channel (exit status: 134)

I'm not at all familiar with the Spice code base, and my attempts to
poke around the code and see why such a failure would occur left me
without any joy.  Is there possibly some endianness sensitivity in a
part of the code that I might have overlooked?  That's the only idea I
have had.

Any assistance or documentation / code pointers (where to look) would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Best,
--arw

--