[Spice-devel] How to use spice-streaming-agent correctly

wangjiedong wangjiedong at kylinos.cn
Fri Nov 2 02:57:38 UTC 2018

Recently i am trying to use spice-streaming-agent . Firstly , i add channel named org.spice-space.stream.0 as provided in libvirt.xml, and VM Ubuntu16.04 is on; Then, i download spice-streaming-agent-0.2.tar.xz and tar  -- configure -- make -- make install successfully .

My problem is that when i exec /usr/local/bin/spice-streaming-agent , it failed with : spice-streaming-agent[2223]: Reading message from device failed: read() returned 0, device is closed.

I compiled spice-streaming-agent with spice-protocol 0.12.14-1 as required , are there any higher version packages needed ? or other reasons lead to the fail ?

Thanks for help !