[Spice-devel] spice-streaming-agent can't work correctly

Snir Sheriber ssheribe at redhat.com
Sun Nov 11 08:53:31 UTC 2018

On 11/09/2018 02:58 AM, wangjiedong wrote:
> Yes, display 2 is showing the same content as display 1.
> I use spice-streaming-agent with the goal that it can make the video
> more fluent and use less bandwidth, because in my condition classic
> SPICE can't do well with playing HD video and use high bandwidth. I
> think SPICE have resolution to deal with these especially in a WAN
> environment.
>
> Developing streaming agent plugin is a good advice for me. I'll try it
> and thank you !

Hi,

We have gstreamer based spice-streaming-agent plugin upstream, this
should let you use
any mjpeg/vp8/vp9/h264 gstreamer encoder plugin to encode your captured
desktop as a
video stream.
This plugin is not well tested and i do not know your exact
configuration but if your guest has
assigned gpu you may even find a suitable hw accelerated gstreamer
encoder plugin and this
potentially should work fairly well.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/spice-streaming-agent/commit/f65cb5a84bb0fafec38cf738177a9f999211fdaf

Snir.