[Spice-devel] Blank screen on SPICE when using vGPU

James Freeman james.freeman at quru.com
Wed Apr 3 16:33:17 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Conscious this might not be a SPICE issue but trying to debug where the
issue is right now. I'm working with someone who is using RHV 4.2 with a
vGPU configuration. At present we are stuck on a problem whereby the
vGPU can be successfully assigned to a given VM (either Windows or
Linux) and then the VM booted. However as soon as the closed source
nVidia drivers are installed and the VM rebooted, the SPICE display is
blank (all black).

Trying to determine where the issue is - with the Windows VM we have
been able to RDP in and see that the nVidia driver was loaded and the
nVidia control panel loads - this would seem to indicate the driver is
loaded and working. Still running some additional tests on the Linux VM
- however we're trying to figure out where the problem lies. Is it
possible this is an interaction with SPICE, or is this likely an issue
at a lower level? Is there a suggested route to debug this issue?

Kind regards,

James

--
QURU Ltd
Somerset House, Strand, London, WC2R 1LA

Registered in England, No. 6144918, at Millmead, RH20 1AG