[Spice-devel] [spice-html5]Converting to NodeJS

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Feb 4 14:30:43 UTC 2019

>> I'd be delighted if spice-html5 had a proper name space!
>
> How should we proceed? I could implement this using ES6 exports, but
> that rules out really old browsers. Not sure if CommonJS exports would
> cover a broader audience thought.

To some extent, spice-html5 does not support truly old browsers, so I
think it would make sense to use ES6.  We'll probably want to couple
this with a substantial version increment (1.0?) which will also help
folks understand the distinction.

> I saw in the code some workarounds for IE10... Do we still need to care
> about Internet Explorer?

I'd like to be sure that a 'stock' Windows 10 box can run spice-html5.
(A few years ago, I would have included Windows 7, but I think we're
close enough to it's EOL that we can let it go).

So if Edge supplies the features IE lacks, then perhaps we could let
those go.  (I think the two main issues were the lack of data uri
support, which requires 'simulatecursor.js' and the addition of slice()
in spicearraybuffer.js).

Cheers,

Jeremy