[Spice-devel] [spice-gtk v1 00/10] Flatpak + CI

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Mon Feb 11 12:01:13 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:17:26AM +0100, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 9:55 AM Victor Toso <victortoso at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sat, Feb 09, 2019 at 11:45:18AM +0100, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> > > Hi

> > > Please do not distribute spicy. I wonder why it is still
> > > installed!
> > >
> > > We had several issues with end-users that we don't want to
> > > address in spicy, there are enough clients out there.
> >
> > It is a testing tool and we promote it as such. What's the
> > problem?
> >

> We don't want end-users to use it, so distributing it could
> lead to wrong assumptions.

I'm always inclined to use spicy for *testing*, adding new UI
there to tweak things that is not expected to a normal spice
client to have.

> > > the desktop file for spicy was removed in commit
> > > 62a077978b78d8ec49e6f797d418fff567ce4532.
> >
> > Yes, installing it can be avoided as, for me, the goal is to have
> > it shipped with the flatpak bundle. Still, while promoting it as
> > a testing tool, not sure what's the problem on shipping that.
>
> Why not focus on virt-viewer flatpak instead?

I'm completely in favor in working on something like that but I
would rather do it with gnome-boxes instead as I can add
(nightly) qemu, spice-protocol, spice, spice-gtk to a single
flatpak.

Having a virt-viewer flatpak does not mean _not_ having a
spicy.flatkpak (to me); one is full featured spice client while
the other a testing tool...

> > CC'ing teuf due his commit above,
> >
> > Thanks.

Cheers,