[Spice-devel] [spice-gtk v1 00/10] Flatpak + CI

Marc-André Lureau marcandre.lureau at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:51:54 UTC 2019

Hi

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 6:12 PM Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> I think the main objection is with making spicy too easy to install (and
> to upgrade). Once we ask someone to test a spicy flatpak and it works
> for them, we don't want them to stick to it, start requesting for
> flathub availability so that it gets regularly updated, and for this one
> small feature that would make spicy a perfect fit for them (which is why
> in the first place Marc-André has been trying to discourage use of
> spicy).

Indeed. So far it is there as an "example":

commit 64a0eeab8ddd2ca6b2d3b57b7f46e99877bfab7e
Author: Pavel Grunt <pgrunt at redhat.com>
Date:   Fri Jul 21 11:02:57 2017 +0200

    Add flatpak builder manifest file for spicy

    To give an example for creating flatpaks depending on spice-gtk

Tbh, I think we should remove the flatpak from spice-gtk source tree.
It doesn't make much sense to have it included imho, unless we have a
good reason to build it on a regular basis, which imho is not
something we need as a library or even a testing client.

--
Marc-André Lureau