[Spice-devel] Video stream low performance on raspberry pi while using h264

陈炤 qishiyexu2 at 126.com
Fri Feb 22 14:14:26 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am testing video stream on raspberry pi. My spice-gtk version is 0.34 and spice server is 0.14, video encode type is h264. On raspberry pi I use omxh264dec as hardware accelerated decoder.

When I play video on VM, the video looks fine if the video is set to default size, but if the video is set to fullscreen, the video looks awful, the frame rate is less than 10. I try to change gstreamer sink from 'appsink' to 'glimagesink', the video looks ok but a new window is popped up to play video, which is bad.

CPU usage of spicy and xorg are not high(about 50%).

I suspect that appsink would copy data from GPU to CPU, so when the data size is big, this operation will affect performance greatly. Is there anyone who can give me any suggestion?

Best Regards,
Don