[Spice-devel] Two monitors Windows

Mathias Egekvist creativeegekvist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:59:16 UTC 2019

Hi Spice Developer(s),

Not sure this email should go to you, but I am not sure where else to go.

Recently started using Spice with libvirt and found great performance.
I have started a Windows 10 guest vm and it is working fine with 1 monitor.
I saw on your website <https://www.spice-space.org/multiple-monitors.html> that to add 2 monitors I had to add an extra QXL device and it worked.
Suddenly the mouse stopped working correctly though and I have been unable to find a solution. When I remove the extra video tag everything works fine again.

Is it you I need to ask or someone else?
If it is a general problem and I can help, please let me know.
I'll add all my information below.

Best regards,

Mathias Egekvist

Problem in details:
The mouse either "glues" it self to the furthest left-side or only move in Y and X-axis as in only one at a time. Sometimes the mouse move normally though, but the problem which persists is every time I click it goes to the top left corner and registers the click there.

Setup Details:
System is Arch Linux and window manager is dwm.
VM is Windows 10 running on KVM through libvirt, seen through virt-viewer (have also tried remote-viewer).
I have the EvTouch USB Graphics Tablet added together with a mouse and keyboard.
I have two QXL displays added, where I have tried adjusting the different ram options, currently ram & vram 65536 and vgamem 16384.
Screen/graphics is Spice server, listen type have tried both none and address. Tried with address 'All Interfaces' with port and tls and opengl on and off.
XML you can see here: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/507725/cursor-jumps-to-left-corner-windows-10-vm-kvm <https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/507725/cursor-jumps-to-left-corner-windows-10-vm-kvm>