[Spice-devel] Spice thin clients

Carlos González piteccelaya at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 18:22:28 UTC 2019

We're thinking in mounting a PC lab with circa 20 PCs, but by using thin
clients.

What we'd like to do is, one big KVM server with the Windows VMs, and each
PC client to access them as a thin client, using either cheap small PCs or
Raspberry Pi. Preferably the later.

But I'm lost as to how to even begin. Should I just mount a minimalistic
command-line-only Linux distribution in each client, then somehow make it
automatically start the corresponding VM via virt-viewer?

Or are there ways for the PC client to be OS-less and somehow directly boot
a VM via PXE or something?

Thanks.