[Spice-devel] regression from 0.14.0 -> 0.14.2 in screen resizing

Uri Lublin uril at redhat.com
Thu Oct 3 15:10:24 UTC 2019

On 9/27/19 1:27 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My distro upgraded spice from 0.14.0 to 0.14.2. This has caused screen
> resizing geometry problems for my Windows guest.
>
> In spicy, I experience a massive black border around the screen, as
> though it's getting the internal coordinates and external coordinates
> out of sync. This seems to go away in lo-dpi mode.
>
> In remote-viewer, I experience only ~square screen resolutions and big
> performance regressions.
>
> Reverting to 0.14.0 (and rebuilding qemu to use it) makes things work
> again, with all guest screen resolutions being possible and resizing
> working well.
>
> Please let me know if you require additional information or would like
> me to try with some commits reverted.

Hi,

I just tested v0.14.0 and resolution change works for me (Windows 7 x64,
remote-viewer).

What driver is installed on the guest ?
Is spice-vdagent service running ?

If you change resolution from within the guest does that work
(Control Panel -> Display -> Adjust Resolution,
  or simply right-click on the desktop -> Screen resolution)?

Uri.