[Spice-devel] Question about bidirectional audio

Eduardo Hoefel business at ehoefel.com
Thu Oct 10 11:36:40 UTC 2019

Hello,

I'm a developer doing a freelance job for a company. They want to
connect Asterisk call center to a vm running Spice. I see that it's
possible to do Bidirectional Audio, according to your user manual.
I want to stream audio from a client to the server, and have that audio
played through the output device of the server. I need to make this code
in C.

Looking at your protocol I saw that for audio messages the server always
needs to start the communication, either with RED_PLAYBACK_START or
RED_RECORD_START.

My client wants to receive the call in the call center and have it
automatically streamed to the server. But I cannot start messaging
unless the server requests the connection.

How can I solve that?

Regards,
Eduardo Hoefel