[Spice-devel] Question about bidirectional audio

Eduardo Hoefel business at ehoefel.com
Thu Oct 10 15:20:33 UTC 2019

Sorry for not being clear.

In this case, the client is Asterisk and the server is a SPICE server.

They want to send audio from the client to the server. The documentation
says that I need to use
RED_RECORD_* messages. The server must start requesting the record from
the client, with a RED_RECORD_START request. How can I trigger this
request? One of the client's developers said that this message is sent
from the server right after a link with connection type
SPICE_CHANNEL_RECORD is made. Is this information true? I cannot find
anywhere in the documentation how this communication starts.