[Spice-devel] Can't activate share folding in virt-viewer

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Mon Apr 6 17:40:01 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 09:17:19PM +0400, shiftag wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would to use share folder with a Windows 10 guest. I installed spice
> guest tool and spice webdav daemon in the guest operating system. Also,
> spice webdav is running as a service in windows guest. Then, I add
> "Channel spice-webdav" as hardware for the Windows virtual machine.
>
> Finally, I would to like "share folding" in virt-viewer client but it's
> grey (screenshot attached).
>
> Did I miss a step ?

The spice-gtk library used by remote-viewer must be built with
webdav enabled. If you are using a linux client, you can check if
phodav is linked with remote-viewer with:

$ ldd /usr/bin/remote-viewer | grep -i phodav
    libphodav-2.0.so.0 => /lib64/libphodav-2.0.so.0

You can compare the configuration as mentioned in 'Folder
Sharing' section in:

    https://www.spice-space.org/spice-user-manual.html

If you can't figure out, might need to add some --spice-debug and
share it.

Cheers,
Victor