[Spice-devel] agent_sync_audio_playback call causes deadlock

i iordanov iiordanov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 05:52:20 UTC 2020

Hi Frediano,

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 4:31 AM Frediano Ziglio <fziglio at redhat.com> wrote:

> Is it a deadlock, a crash or the program get stuck into some loop?

It is not a crash, there is no obvious loop that is being executed, and the
Android Profiler shows that CPU is idle. Therefore, I postulated it's a
deadlock.

> Maybe some missing base GStreamer plugins?
> Which plugins are installed on that system?

I use cerbero to build gstreamer, and the list of gstreamer packages
currently being built are:

gstreamer-1.0 gst-android-1.0 gst-plugins-bad-1.0 gst-plugins-good-1.0
gst-plugins-base-1.0 gst-plugins-ugly-1.0 gst-libav-1.0

> How did you manage to track these functions?
> As far as I see these functions just schedule other functions.

I worked the code path back from the debug message
2020-08-24 01:24:31.609 11571-11643/com.undatech.opaque D/GLib+GSpice:
spice-gstaudio.c:299 audio pipeline: appsrc is-live=1 do-timestamp=0
format=time caps="audio/x-raw,format="S16LE",channels=2,rate=48000,lay$

since it is the last message from spice-gtk that I could recognize. I may
also have looked at what signals are connected to call what callbacks
during my trace. Unfortunately, I cannot at present actually do a native
code debug session with aSPICE since the Android debugger actually crashes
when I try.

Iordan