[Spice-devel] Spice features and status

Mark Karpeles mark at shells.com
Sat Dec 12 21:08:05 UTC 2020

Hello

I've been working on software related to spice for a few months now and
have been wondering about a number of things I was hoping could get
clarified

The website seems to be quite outdated. It points to Bugzilla, the
documentation has a lot of missing parts, etc. Is there any source for up
to date documentation on Spice?

Specifically I've been trying to understand the QUIC image format, however
the source code makes heavy use of defines used in a way similar to C++'s
templates, I was hoping there'd be some documentation somewhere.

The site also lists a number of upcoming features on
https://www.spice-space.org/features.html - is this an authoritative
source? Where are features tracked for Spice?

For example this is two years old and would be nice to see:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/spice/spice-protocol/-/issues/4

It seems there's still updates done to spice seeing all the PATCH mails,
but where is this coordinated?

Thanks
M.