[Spice-devel] No mouse under Win 10 when Nvidia drivers are active

Frediano Ziglio fziglio at redhat.com
Mon Jun 1 14:26:58 UTC 2020

> Hi all,
> when just qxl adapter is attached to VM all works well. But when Nvidia GRID
> instance is attached and its drivers are running, mouse cursor is never
> shown on its display window. Sometimes it's just invisible but active and
> reacting to mouse movements, clicks and wheel scrolling, sometimes it's
> totally missing. This behaviour is a bit dependent of is Nvidia adapter
> alone or together with qxl. Just sometimes mouse cursor is visible on qxl
> display but it's very unstable and totally unusable. Similar behaviour is
> under linux VM too. Is it normal "won't fix" state, or can I provide some
> additional info? Windows has latest vd-agent and spice-agent installed.

Hi,
  recently we got similar reports. Can you try to see what's happen if
you disable the agent?

It seems that in these conditions the agent is not able to handle the mouse
so mouse events are "lost".

Another test would you could do is to use the "spicy" utility. This utility
has an option to switch manually the mouse mode (server/client). It would be
helpful to understand different behaviour using the 2 modes.

Frediano