[Spice-devel] Is it possible to put spice channels into different threads?

陈炤 qishiyexu2 at 126.com
Sat Jun 13 12:52:26 UTC 2020

Hi

Thanks a lot, that information is very helpful, I will try that.

BR
Don

在 2020-06-13 14:40:02,"Frediano Ziglio" <fziglio at redhat.com> 写道:

Hi,
  the pattern used in spice-gtk is called cooperative multitasking (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative_multitasking), if you add code that is not cooperative you get what you described. Use coroutine functions to read remote data so the read won't stop other code. If you need to run expensive or blocking code it's a good idea to run it in another thread removing the blockage.

Frediano

Hi

Here is my experiment:
I created a new port-channel to transfer data between vdagent and spice-gtk. I used a while loop to send 2kb data to gtk, gtk received and drop the data. In the mean time I used a timer(1ms) to send 2kb data to vdagent.
Strange thing is that gtk will continually receive data for a while(10secs - 70secs) then send a whole bunch of data to vdagent. When receiving data, send data will be added to tcp buffer but will not be sent out.

So I think send event will be affected by receive event, then I guess using different thread would help.
Could you please correct me if I’m wrong?

BR
Don

在 2020-06-12 20:03:30,"Marc-André Lureau" <marcandre.lureau at gmail.com> 写道:

Hi